Okay Loyals and True Believers. I have been a bit lax on posting the last few days. Forgive me, it was my son’s birthday in the middle of the week and it is mine today. Forty-one years young and holding strong. But here is our Friday post to get us back on track. This is a link mashup of five interesting things going on in my world.
1) I ran into the short film, PLOT DEVICE earlier this week. It is truly excellent. Awesome special f/x, good acting, a concise story told in full. Go watch it and then share it. It’s only nine minutes but worth every one of them. PLOT DEVICE: CLICK HERE TO WATCH
2) Barnes and Noble announced that Nook users who have downloaded Angry Birds can go into their local Barnes and Noble, sign on to their device, and download The Mighty Eagle! Yes, this app is a GIANT timesuck, but I am addicted.
3) Today is my birthday as mentioned a second ago. I am having the vegetable lasagna at Provino’s for dinner because it is delicious and free on your birthday.
4) In interesting news, TLC has a new reality show called Tattoo School. It’s a self explanatory show, a bunch of folks are filmed while they attend a school to learn how to tattoo. Some form of drama ensues, etc, etc, etc……. The problem is the school runs for two weeks. Now as a PROFESSIONAL tattoo artist with over fifteen years of experience I can tell you that in two weeks you can learn approximately .000001% of what you need to tattoo. There is so much required of you to permanently mark another human being that almost none of it can be covered in two weeks. I personally worked my apprenticeship for a FULL YEAR before I was allowed to do even a small simple tattoo. I am still learning things about the art and craft of tattooing. So this show has created a huge backlash in the tattoo industry. You can read more about it at this facebook page and this one here.
5) And on brighter news, one of my favorite people on the web Jackson Pearce, author of Sisters Red, her first book As You Wish, and her upcoming book Sweetly is doing thirty days of vlogging. For those of you who don’t know Jackson, she does a regular vlog on Tuesdays and Thursdays and they are funny, charming, entertaining, and informative. So tune in, subscribe, read her books cause they are good.