I have crossed one big hurdle already, I secured a publishing contract. Not only is the book I wrote going to be a real live book living on shelves around the world, but it will be a series, with two books guaranteed.
Now that that has been crossed off the to-do list here are some other things I want to make happen, both the very doable to the "I’m gonna need some help with this one God" category.
1) Be a panelist at Dragoncon
2) Be a panelist at the RT Convention.
3) Go on a book tour.
4) Sell my book in Europe and Asia.
5) Go on book tour in Europe and Asia
6) Sell movie rights to the series.
7) Have a good movie made starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
8) Write for a good genre television show.
9) Write for DC, Dark Horse, or Marvel comics.
10) Become friends with: Joss Whedon, Felicia Dey, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, John Barrowman and his partner Scott, Nathan Fillion and have them over to the house for a BBQ.
11) Be able to edit an anthology of short stories about my characters written by other authors.
See, not too out of reach.
I will expand on these tomorrow when I am well rested.